Who knew that one box could create SO much fun! Braden and Emma Kate spent hours playing in this box, he even got in it and slid down the stairs. Why do we continue to buy toys for these kids. Next time, I'm just going to take a trip to the dump and see what I can find.
So, I followed a Martha Stewart recipe for the cookies. Those of you who know me, know that I love to bake chocolate chip cookies. Nothing was wrong with the recipe that I usually use, I just wanted to try something new. I usually use Crisco in place of butter so I followed Martha's recipe with butter. This is the FIRST time I've ever had cookies turn out when using butter. Usually the come out way to thin and flat. I learned that the trick is to cream the butter properly and use butter and eggs that are room temperature. I was so excited, I will definitely use this recipe again!
Braden gave his thumbs up for the cookies.
I think this picture shows what Emma Kate thought of the cookies. Please excuse the no shirt...it had been a long day.
August 25, 2009
Playing in boxes and the best chocolate chip cookies ever!
Posted by Allison at 3:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
If you need another cookie tester, don't forget your old man!
Post a Comment