It's funny how you can be cruising along in life and motherhood and everything seems to be going well...
We've all been doing great at our house. The kids have been kind and obedient and when they haven't I have acted swiftly and firmly and with such grace. Do you see where I am going with this? I was beaming with confidence and full of pride to be a mother. Then the last three days came and I got a HUGE slap in the face! Nothing major has happened but nothing has seemed to go well either. The kids have been fussy and whiny and disobedient and generally in a foul mood. And, I have lost my temper and my patience on more than one occasion. I have had to apologize to Braden several times over the last several day. This morning I looked around and thought, "What happened?" I have been reminded today that I am in constant need of God's love and grace in this thing called motherhood, and life for that matter. I can't do it; I can't be the mother (or wife) I need to be without Christ.
I read Psalms 31:14-15 this morning, "But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in your hands." I didn't realize when I read this this morning that God was trying to speak to me. I just blew right past it until later. And now, here I am, saying from the depths of my heart, " I trust in you, O Lord. My times are in your hands."
August 26, 2009
Confessions of a mother in need of grace
Posted by Allison at 1:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment