John was gone all last week so by the end of the week the kids and I were going a little crazy. Actually we had a friend doing work in 2 of our bathrooms so for three days I had to pack up and get out by 8:30. Luckily my parents have a pool across the street from there house so we spent plenty of time there. By Thursday the kids were sick of being at my Mimi and Papa's house and were asking to go home. Emma Kate kept crying and saying, "I go, I go." Don't get me wrong, my kids love my parents, but being there for 3 days and having daddy gone was just too much to handle. So, Friday we stayed home ALL day...we only left to go get a pizza for dinner. We cleaned (okay, I cleaned), baked cookies, played and played and played, and painted! This was Emma Kate's first time to paint...can you say BATH! She loved every minute of it, especially painting her arm, hence the bath. Needless to say we are SO glad to have Daddy home again. When John got home last night Emma Kate just sat in his lap and said, "daddy, daddy, daddy" over and over again...such a daddy's girl. And Braden of course, kept saying, "hey daddy, watch this!"
P.S.
We leave for Louisville tomorrow, so I'll be out of touch again for a few days.
July 20, 2009
Daddy's gone and we're bored!
Posted by Allison at 2:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment