I didn't take any pictures of the 4th...forgot the camera. We all went over to my parents house for dinner and fireworks. It was a lot of fun and my mom fixed an excellent dinner, of course. My uncle David loves fireworks so he bought a bunch to set off. We also had sparklers for the kids to have. In my head I knew this was probably a bad idea but I went with it anyway. Braden of course wanted to hold one but I neglected to pay attention to the fact that he didn't have any shoes on. Actually, I had noticed, it just didn't register in my brain that sparklers and no shoes don't mix. So, you can see where this is going...Braden stepped on an ember from the sparkler and burned his foot. Not my proudest moment as a mother, I felt so bad! He's okay, it wasn't too bad, it didn't warrant a visit to the ER or anything. I think Braden cried the rest of the night and about lost it when I tried to put a Band-aid on it. Oh well, what's the 4th of July without a minor burn, right?!
July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
poor guy. 4th of july is a bit scary.
Just found your blog. I love your sense of humor. Also I am so with you on seeing the lack of shoes but not registering what that probably means. Oy! I'm so thankful God is watching. Otherwise they'd never live to adulthood!
Post a Comment