Last night was Braden's preschool graduation and let's just say it was traumatic. We kind of knew that Braden didn't like being in front of people but we did not realize the extent of his fear. The kids walked down the isle playing instruments and Braden was in tears looking at everyone...he kept playing his drum though. When they all got up on stage he burst into tears again. That's pretty much the way it went for the whole program. He would manage to get it together then when he saw me he'd start crying again. I felt so bad for him, but I really wanted him to be able to make it up there. Then if that was bad enough, as they were giving out the "diplomas" and calling people off the stage one by one, Braden ended up being the very last name called! But, he made it, he wasn't crying, he sat up on the stage and toughed it out. I was so proud that he was able to stay up there even though he hated every minute of it!! By the time he got to me, he burst into tears again and cried for a good 10 minutes. As we talked about it later he said he didn't like everyone looking at him, but that God was with him. I was so proud that he was so brave.
May 22, 2009
Braden's Preschool Graduation
Posted by Allison at 9:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
oh, allison! that's so sad, but so sweet. what a brave guy. that is tough.
I totally feel for you! Its hard to see your kids scared, but I love what he said about having God with him. Sweet!
Post a Comment