Children Won't Wait
There will be a time when there will be no slamming of doors,
no toys on the stairs, no childhood quarrels, no fingerprints on the wallpaper.
Then may I look back with joy and not regret.
.........................................................................................................
God, give me wisdom to see that today is my day with my children.
That there is no unimportant moment in their lives.
May I know that no other career is so precious,
No other work so rewarding,
No other task so urgent.
May I not defer it nor neglect it,
But by the Spirit accept it gladly, joyously,
and by Thy grace realize
that the time is short and my time is now,
for children won't wait.
-Helen M. Young
Even as I type this, Emma Kate is crying and pulling on my arm to pick her up. Children won't wait, but what a joy and blessing. I pray that I will never forget.
There will be a time when there will be no slamming of doors,
no toys on the stairs, no childhood quarrels, no fingerprints on the wallpaper.
Then may I look back with joy and not regret.
.........................................................................................................
God, give me wisdom to see that today is my day with my children.
That there is no unimportant moment in their lives.
May I know that no other career is so precious,
No other work so rewarding,
No other task so urgent.
May I not defer it nor neglect it,
But by the Spirit accept it gladly, joyously,
and by Thy grace realize
that the time is short and my time is now,
for children won't wait.
-Helen M. Young
Even as I type this, Emma Kate is crying and pulling on my arm to pick her up. Children won't wait, but what a joy and blessing. I pray that I will never forget.



1 comments:
Thanks for sharing, I needed that this morning!
Post a Comment