Yesterday was John's birthday and we had a quiet celebration at home. John is not big on birthdays at all. If I didn't insist, he would just ignore it all together. Needless to say, he was not thrilled about me taking a picture, this was the only shot I got. And, yes, Braden is not wearing a shirt. This was a casual birthday. To celebrate, I made shrimp scampi for dinner and baked his favorite chocolate cake. He opened gifts before I could get any pictures (actually I was still in the kitchen cooking, when he decided to help himself). The kids made cards for him and we also made a card with their handprints and 5 things they love about Daddy. Here's the list:
1. He stays home sometimes. (He had just taken the day off the day before)
2. He plays with us
3. Daddy takes us out.
4. Watching t.v. with Daddy (this means usually, some type of sporting event)
5. Daddy kicks the ball with us
Really, Braden came up with all of these. Next year Emma Kate will probably be able to help contribute to the list.



2 comments:
Happy Birthday John!
Hopefully one day we'll meet...speaking of which, I'm in Chattanooga for a few weeks before we move to Iowa and was wondering if we could get the kids together for a play date and catch up.
Give me a call at 205-441-2686
ok, so the lack of posting is b/c a baby is here??? i'm hoping?? :)
Post a Comment