BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

February 14, 2010

Valentine cookies


Just for fun, we made Valentine cookies the other day. I used a great recipe from Southern Living for Lemon Butter cookies. I highly recommend it, the dough is so easy to work with! Anyway, I let Braden and Emma Kate have free reign over the icing and decorating of the cookies. They had a blast and I tried not to let my type A/control freak personality get in the way. I have to say that I did very well and we were none the worse for all the icing and sprinkles everywhere. However, the kids did take a bath afterwards. Later that night Braden said, "Thanks,mom, for letting us make Valentine cookies." That made it all worth it!





The final product...100% kid decorated. Okay, I decorated 2 cookies...can you tell which ones?

1 comments:

mirandagail said...

aww..you're so awesome, Allison! very cute!